Monday, May 11, 2009

My Equipment

I thought I'd write a post outlining my equipment. Here goes:



5 Gallon bucket with spigot. Since I only have one brew pot and one fermentor, I use this to drain mashed wort, to transfer to secondary fermentor, and to bottle.



Use these to get filtered water.




Bottle caps, hydrometer, bottle capper.



Brew pot (7-8 gallon aluminum, formerly a turkey fryer), giant whisk, grain scale, 1 gallon fermentor, bottle brush, wort chiller, and pitcher for various tasks.



Another view.

Costs, estimates based on what I remember.

Bottling bucket with spigot: $15
6 Gallon Glass Carboy: Free (from friend, costs about 60 bucks new.
Brew Pot: Free (from an old roommate).
Whisk: Free (see above)
Hydrometer: $5
Bottle Capper: $15
Grain Scale: Free
1 Gallon Glass Carboy: $5
Wort Chiller (20 feet of copper): $65 to build.
Siphon: $10 to build.

I've also been using a big 10+ gallon cooler/mashtun owned by a roommate. I'm moving out this month so I'll have to invest in one of my own.

No comments: